Our Antarctica Express Air-Cruise was designed for travelers looking for a quick and affordable Antarctica expedition. This trip offers you the chance to visit Cape Horn, cruise the Drake Passage, land in Antarctica, and fly back.
- Day 1: Start of the Air-Cruise Your journey begins in Ushuaia, Argentina, at the pier. Board your ship in the afternoon and sail along the Beagle Channel towards Puerto Williams, Chile, the southernmost town in the world. Explore the surroundings before setting sail to Cape Horn.
- Day 2: Cape Horn and Drake Passage After an overnight crossing of Nassau Bay, you awake in full view of legendary Cape Horn! Weather permitting, board a Zodiac and be one of the few privileged adventurers to step foot on this famous and rarely visited island. Back on board, set sail towards Antarctica and cross the famous passage named in honor of Sir Francis Drake, the great 16th-century British explorer.
- Days 3: Drake Passage As you sail through the Drake Passage en route to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands, attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations. In the company of expert guides, watch for wildlife from the lounge or the outside decks. You may spot magnificent seabirds, such as albatrosses and petrels, as well as different species of whales on their way south to Antarctica.
- Day 4: Drake Passage and Antarctica After crossing the Antarctic Convergence, the environment changes noticeably. Keep your camera ready, as this is the time to watch for the first icebergs and the first sight of Antarctic land. Reaching the South Shetland Islands, sail in ice-filled bays, while enjoying the company of seabirds, penguins, seals, and whales. Board a Zodiac for your first memorable shore visit to a penguin colony. Exploration will continue well into the evening taking advantage of the long Antarctic daylight.
- Day 5: Antarctica and scheduled return flight Upon reaching King George Island, disembark at Fildes Bay. A 2-km (1.25-mile) walk takes you through Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen Station to the aircraft. Bid farewell to Antarctica as you board the flight back to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. (Note: Meals in Punta Arenas are at your leisure and not included in the program).
- Day 6: End of the Air-Cruise After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight.
Please Note...On the Antarctica Express Air-Cruise, you can add the following optional packages and activities to add to your booking: Preferred Seating Hotel and Transfer Package
|Ship name||Cabin Name||Price||Sale Price||Departs on||Returns on|
|Ocean Nova||Twin Cabin||$5,795||NA||Nov 29th, 2022||Dec 4th, 2022|