Once arriving by flight to Antarctica, you will sail between the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula. Enjoy seeing ice-filled fjords and spectacular icebergs, while spotting penguins, seals, and whales that call the White Continent home.
- Day 1: Start of the Air-Cruise Arrive in Punta Arenas, Chile, before 2 PM, where you are welcomed by staff and transferred to your hotel. In the afternoon, you are welcomed at Explorers House to attend a mandatory briefing that provides important information about your air-cruise and reviews the essential guidelines for Antarctic visitors. Later, gather for a welcome dinner and meet your fellow adventurers while enjoying a typical regional menu.
- Day 2: Scheduled Flight to Antarctica George Island, in the South Shetland Islands. As you exit the airplane, the clear Antarctic air fills your lungs for the first time. You then walk 2-km (1.25-miles), passing Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen Station to reach the shore and board a Zodiac that will take you to your boutique expedition vessel.
- Days 3 – 6: Exploring Antarctica Cruise between the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, sailing along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs, while enjoying the company of seabirds, penguins, seals, and whales. Each day disembark by Zodiac and explore the landscape together with expert polar guides. On board the ship, attend an engaging program of educational presentations, and enjoy spectacular views from the lounge while sharing your daily adventures with fellow guests.No journey is the same and flexibility is the key to success in Antarctica. The Expedition Team plans the voyage route to take advantage of the ever-changing opportunities provided by nature, crafting a unique and extraordinary experience every time. While the exact itinerary changes with each expedition, you will explore several sites that offer the best possible overview of the varied Antarctic environment. Your voyage may include visits to sites in the South Shetland Islands, the Antarctic Sound, the Gerlache Strait, and the Penola Strait.
- Day 7: Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica Return to King George Island and bid farewell to Antarctica before boarding the flight back to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. (Note: Meals in Punta Arenas are at your leisure and not included in the program).
- Day 8: End of Air-Cruise After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight.
Please Note...On the Classic Antarctica Air-Cruise, you can add the following optional packages and activities to add to your booking: Sea Kayaking Hiking & Snowshoeing Preferred Seating Hotel and Transfer Package
|Ship name||Cabin Name||Price||Sale Price||Departs on||Returns on|