Explore Antarctica with seven world-class photographers!
Rub shoulders with an all-star team of photographers, from shooting in the field to informal chats in the bar, to formal presentations in the main conference room. The group we’ve assembled has a wide range of expertise from wildlife photography to portraiture and more.
- Brendan Van Son – Brandon is a travel photographer and YouTuber from Canada. He’s been nomadic for most of his career, visiting more than one hundred countries on assignments for major publications and global brands. Learn more about Brendan at https://www.brendansadventures.com/
- Jeff Bartlett – Jeff focuses on the art and craft of adventure, blending photography, video and writing with a keen passion for story. His work portrays rugged landscapes and ambitious adventure for a single purpose: to inspire people to get outside and explore. Learn more about Jeff at https://jeffbartlettmedia.com/
- Julia Trotti – Julia is a portrait photographer and YouTube creator based in Sydney, Australia. Julia’s lifestyle, fashion and wedding photography has been published regularly in print and online. Learn more about Julia at https://www.juliatrotti.com/
- Mike Mezeul II – Mike is a photographer and photojournalist who is addicted to storytelling and adventure. If you know him, then you know he always have a camera in his hand. Learn more about Mike at https://www.mikemezphotography.com/
- Erin Babnik – Erin is known internationally as a leading photographic artist, educator, author, and speaker. She is honored to be a Canon Explorer of Light and a member of the illustrious nature photography team Photo Cascadia. Learn more about Erin at https://erinbabnik.com/
- Rachael Talibart – Rachael is a professional ocean photographer, best known for her Sirens portfolio, critically acclaimed photographs of stormy seas named after mythical beings. Learn more about Rachael at https://rachaeltalibart.com/
- Simon Baxter – Simon is best known for his YouTube videos in which he shares his relaxed and considered approach to woodland photography. Learn more about Simon at https://baxter.photos/
Prepare yourself to explore Antarctica: from towering icebergs and awe-inspiring wildlife to historical sites that will take you back to the Heroic Era of Antarctic Exploration.
Photo Explorer: A Celebrating Antarctica Itinerary - 13 Days/ 11 Nights
Jan 18 – Arrive in Ushuaia:
No need to stress about missed connections or flight delays as you arrive with plenty of time to unwind and enjoy the beautiful Arakur Resort & Spa or spend time discovering the southernmost city in the world, Ushuaia.
Jan 19 – Transfer to Island Sky:
Spend your morning exploring Ushuaia or unwinding at the resort until our afternoon transfer to the Island Sky. Our Expedition Team and ship staff will greet you on board, followed by a safety and orientation briefing and Captain’s welcome dinner. Spend the night at the pier enjoying all that Island Sky has to offer as you get to know your fellow explorers.
Jan 20 AM – Beagle Channel
Enjoy an early morning sail through the picturesque Beagle channel as you start your journey to the Antarctic Peninsula. Keep an eye out for whales and seabirds along the way, and be sure to listen for announcements regarding our Citizen Science program.
Jan 20-21 – Drake Passage
Join our Polar Experts as they teach you about everything Antarctic, from wildlife to history; participate in our renowned Citizen Science program; or sit back and take in this fabled journey while catching exciting glimpses of wildlife. Grab your binoculars to identify the many seabirds that follow the ship as we cross the Antarctic Convergence into Antarctic waters and noticeably cooler temperatures.
Jan 22-23 – South Shetland Islands:
The volcanic South Shetland Islands offer amazing abundance and beauty, so we’ll hop into our inflatable Zodiac boats and spend as much time as possible exploring. Be prepared to marvel up close at nature’s glory!
Jan 24-27 – Antarctica!
Here we’ll explore many different picturesque bays and famed harbors, maneuvering through majestic channels as we travel the wildlife-rich waters. There may be opportunities to stop at several active scientific bases and historic landing sites as we spot numerous species of penguins, seals, and whales along the rugged coastlines and in the sea.
Jan 28-29 – Drake Passage:
We leave this magical place and make our way north, once again crossing the legendary Drake Passage. We have one last hurrah as we celebrate the conclusion of our expedition with a special slideshow and a final meal together.
Jan 30 – Ushuaia Disembarkation:
With huge smiles on weary, content faces, we disembark in the morning, letting you catch a flight to Buenos Aires or stay in Ushuaia for more sights and adventure.
Please Note...Prices quoted are per-person based on double/triple occupancy. A limited number of twin suites may be sold for single occupancy at 1.7 times the twin rate.
|Ship name||Cabin Name||Price||Sale Price||Departs on||Returns on|
|MS Seaventure||Triple||$18,995||NA||Feb 24th, 2023||Mar 17th, 2023|
|MS Seaventure||Porthole||$21,845||NA||Feb 24th, 2023||Mar 17th, 2023|
|MS Seaventure||Window||$24,475||NA||Feb 24th, 2023||Mar 17th, 2023|
|MS Seaventure||Veranda||$28,145||NA||Feb 24th, 2023||Mar 17th, 2023|
|MS Seaventure||Owner's||$33,205||NA||Feb 24th, 2023||Mar 17th, 2023|
|Island Sky||Window||$14,955||$12,712||Jan 18th, 2023||Jan 30th, 2023|
|Island Sky||Promenade||$16,595||$14,106||Jan 18th, 2023||Jan 30th, 2023|
|Island Sky||Deluxe||$16,925||$14,386||Jan 18th, 2023||Jan 30th, 2023|
|Island Sky||Veranda||$18,115||$15,398||Jan 18th, 2023||Jan 30th, 2023|
|Island Sky||Penthouse||$19,745||$16,783||Jan 18th, 2023||Jan 30th, 2023|
|Island Sky||Owner's||$21,715||$18,458||Jan 18th, 2023||Jan 30th, 2023|