The Polar Circle air-cruise is one of the most adventurous expeditions that we offer. Our main objective on this air-cruise expedition is to try and reach the Antarctic Polar Circle located at approximately 66° south of the equator. The Expedition Team handcrafts every voyage depending on the Antarctic weather and each day of the Polar Circle air-cruise is filled with ample opportunities to explore.
- Day 1: Start of the Air-Cruise Staff members welcome you in Punta Arenas, Chile, before 2 PM. Transfer to your hotel, visit Explorers House, and attend a mandatory briefing that provides important information about your air-cruise and reviews the essential guidelines for Antarctic visitors. A welcome dinner introduces you to the local gastronomy as you meet fellow adventurers from around the world.
- Day 2: Scheduled flight to Antarctica A smooth two-hour flight takes you from Punta Arenas to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands. Your Antarctic adventure begins as you exit the airplane, and the clear Antarctic air fills your lungs for the first time. You then walk 2-kms (1.25-miles), passing Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen Station to reach the shore and board a Zodiac that will take you to your boutique expedition vessel.
- Days 3 – 8: Exploring Antarctica Sail along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs, while enjoying the company of seabirds, penguins, seals, and whales. Visit the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, disembarking by Zodiac each day. In small groups, hike to extraordinary sites and take part in exploratory Zodiac excursions to otherwise inaccessible areas. Our expert polar guides share their passion for Antarctica through an engaging program of illustrated presentations, and lead you ashore to interpret the wildlife, the history, and the many wonders of the Antarctic environment.Enjoy spectacular views, from the glass-enclosed lounge, while sharing your daily adventures with fellow guests over a drink. The goal of this expedition is to sail far south in the attempt to reach the Polar Circle. The Expedition Team plans the specific voyage route based on local conditions and takes advantage of the ever-changing opportunities provided by nature. Flexibility will be the key to a successful voyage. Your voyage may include visits to sites in the South Shetland Islands, the Antarctic Sound, the Gerlache and Penola Straits, and the Crystal Sound. Each voyage is unique, and crafted to provide the best possible overview of the varied Antarctic environment.
- Day 9: Scheduled return flight from Antarctica Back at King George Island, bid farewell to Antarctica as you board the flight to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. (Note: Meals in Punta Arenas are at your leisure and not included in the program).
- Day 10: End of Air-Cruise After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight.
Please Note...On the Polar Circle Air-Cruise, you can add the following optional packages and activities to add to your booking: Sea Kayaking Hiking & Snowshoeing Preferred Seating Hotel and Transfer Package
|Ship name||Cabin Name||Price||Sale Price||Departs on||Returns on|
|Magellan Explorer||Single Veranda Cabin||$34,995||NA||Jan 24th, 2024||Feb 2nd, 2024|
|Magellan Explorer||Grand Suite||$34,995||NA||Jan 24th, 2024||Feb 2nd, 2024|
|Magellan Explorer||Deluxe Veranda Cabin||$25,995||NA||Jan 24th, 2024||Feb 2nd, 2024|
|Magellan Explorer||Veranda Cabin||$24,995||NA||Jan 24th, 2024||Feb 2nd, 2024|
|Magellan Explorer||Veranda Cabin - Female Share||$24,995||NA||Jan 24th, 2024||Feb 2nd, 2024|
|Magellan Explorer||Veranda Cabin - Male Share||$24,995||NA||Jan 24th, 2024||Feb 2nd, 2024|
|Magellan Explorer||Porthole Cabin||$21,395||NA||Jan 24th, 2024||Feb 2nd, 2024|
|Magellan Explorer||Porthole Cabin - Female Share||$21,395||NA||Jan 24th, 2024||Feb 2nd, 2024|