Enjoy an 8-day expedition experience to Cape Horn and the Falkland Islands (Las Malvinas). Begin your journey in Ushuaia, Argentina where you will embark on the new and modern Magellan Explorer. Sail some of the most southerly seas in the world passing through old exploration and shipping routes. This journey is unlike most as we will have the chance to visit Cape Horn, which has lured centuries of explorers along its path. From there, sail to the Falklands, that boasts over 700 islands, to partake in an adventure that is perfect for the birding enthusiast, the historian and the world explorer.
- Day 1: Ushuaia, Embarkation Your journey begins at the pier in Ushuaia, Argentina, with boarding between 19:00 hr. and 20:00 hr. Board your ship and sail along the Beagle Channel towards Puerto Williams, Chile, the southernmost town in the world, where the ship will clear formalities to approach Cape Horn.
- Day 2: Visiting Cape Horn After an overnight crossing of Nassau Bay, wake up in full view of the legendary Cape Horn! Weather permitting, board a Zodiac and be one of the few privileged adventurers to step foot on this famous and rarely visited island. Sail and explore the area in depth before setting course north towards the Falkland Islands.
- Days 3: At Sea As we sail through the South Atlantic en route to the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), you can attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations. In the company of expert guides, watch for bird and marine life from the lounge or the outside decks. You may spot magnificent seabirds, such as albatrosses and petrels, as well as different species of whales.
- Day 4: West Falklands (south) Ruggedly beautiful and remote, places such as New Island, Weddell Island, or West Point are located at the extreme west of the Falklands’ archipelago. See dramatic cliffs contrast with sheltered sandy bays and natural harbors. These areas host a large concentration of wildlife with lots of diversity. Some of the best wildlife experiences are just a short distance from the settlements.
- Day 5: West Falklands (north), Carcass & Saunders Named after HMS Carcass, a vessel which visited in the late 18th century, the terrain here is varied with rocky ridges, steep cliffs, open plains, white sand beaches, and coves. Saunders is the second-largest offshore island and has very varied terrain, from rocky hills to sweeping shorelines. It is an important natural habitat for birds and offers exceptional wildlife viewing opportunities. All five breeding species of penguin can be spotted here along with black-browed albatross and many other birds.
- Day 6: The Falkland Sound We cruise down the Falkland Sound, sightseeing its rugged and untouched landscapes and immerse ourselves in the past and recent history of the islands. You visit settlements and meet the locals, getting to know the culture of farming families. As we stop at sites that were active battlefields during the 1982 conflict, our historians introduce us to regional geopolitics.
- Day 7: Port Stanley Join our expedition team on guided walking tours in town or to Gipsy Cove. Or take the option to explore on your own and absorb the atmosphere, grabbing lunch at the local pub, visiting the maritime museum, the church, hunting for souvenirs, or walking down Ross Road, paying tribute at the war memorials at the waterfront. Note: Small-group day tours and half-day tours can be purchased on board the ship to visit Volunteer Point (by 4×4 vehicle or helicopter), battlefield tours (by 4×4 vehicle), and others. Options will be presented on board.
- Day 8: Disembarkation in Port Stanley Transfer to the airport at Mt. Pleasant will be provided from the ship according to the scheduled flight.
|Ship name||Cabin Name||Price||Sale Price||Departs on||Returns on|
|Magellan Explorer||Single Veranda Cabin||$9,995||NA||Sep 23rd, 2023||Sep 30th, 2023|
|Magellan Explorer||Grand Suite||$11,995||NA||Sep 23rd, 2023||Sep 30th, 2023|
|Magellan Explorer||Penthouse Suite||$6,995||NA||Sep 23rd, 2023||Sep 30th, 2023|
|Magellan Explorer||Deluxe Veranda Cabin||$5,995||NA||Sep 23rd, 2023||Sep 30th, 2023|
|Magellan Explorer||Veranda Cabin||$5,995||NA||Sep 23rd, 2023||Sep 30th, 2023|
|Magellan Explorer||Veranda Cabin - Female Share||$5,995||NA||Sep 23rd, 2023||Sep 30th, 2023|
|Magellan Explorer||Veranda Cabin - Male Share||$5,995||NA||Sep 23rd, 2023||Sep 30th, 2023|
|Magellan Explorer||Porthole Cabin||$4,995||NA||Sep 23rd, 2023||Sep 30th, 2023|
|Magellan Explorer||Porthole Cabin - Female Share||$4,995||NA||Sep 23rd, 2023||Sep 30th, 2023|
|Magellan Explorer||Porthole Cabin - Male Share||$4,995||NA||Sep 23rd, 2023||Sep 30th, 2023|
|Magellan Explorer||Triple Suite||$7,995||NA||Sep 23rd, 2023||Sep 30th, 2023|